Spark Plugs Replacement in Ludington, MI
Spark plugs use high voltage to generate the sparks that ignite the fuel-air mixture, which generates the energy to propel your vehicle down the road. Depending on their materials and quality, spark plugs will need to be replaced every 30,000 to 90,000 miles. When the spark plugs start failing, the engine performance will suffer, your vehicle is likely to suffer engine misfires, and the check engine light will likely come “on” – it’s a signal that you need to visit your friendly Ludington mechanic. At Mick’s Truck and Auto we offer comprehensive starting system and engine diagnostics and repairs, and spark plugs replacement is one of the services we offer.
The Spark Plugs Are Likely Failing If:
- You hear rattling noises which can accompany spark plugs going bad.
- The Check Engine Light (CEL) comes “on” – failing spark plugs will likely cause the computer to illuminate the CEL.
- Engine misfires can be caused by bad spark plugs.
- Reduced engine performance often results when spark plugs are at the end of their useful life and starting to fail.
As mentioned previously, depending on their quality, spark plugs can last anywhere from 30,000 miles to 90,000 miles. Copper spark plugs tend towards the lower end of the range, while well-made iridium spark plugs can last 90,000 miles. If you suspect spark plugs problems, we highly recommend bringing your vehicle to a local mechanic right away. Driving with failing spark plugs is possible, but it can result in engine misfires, and even catalytic converter damage – a very expensive and time consuming repair, since catalytic converters are often on backorder due to huge demand caused by catalytic converter theft.
So if you notice any of the symptoms of spark plug problems, or you know it’s been at least 30,000 miles since you last had the spark plugs replaced, call Mick’s Truck and Auto to setup and appointment. Our nationally ASE certified technicians will diagnose and repair any problem your vehicle might exhibit. You will also receive an electronic copy of our complimentary digital vehicle inspection – we offer this service so you can have a convenient way to keep track of the overall health of your automobile. We offer following with all services and repairs:
- Clean, child-friendly office
- 24 months / 24,000 miles warranty
- Original Equipment or higher quality parts
- Nationally ASE certified technicians diagnosing and servicing your vehicle
- Complimentary Digital Vehicle Inspection with any repair or service
We offer convenient online appointments on our website. You can also call us directly at the shop, and we will be happy to answer any questions and make an appointment for you.